Your baby is about to arrive and you dream of wearing your little one from the very first day – preferably in a baby sling? Only, you worry about tying the sling with all its long pieces of fabric? If this whole knot-tying thing seems just too complicated, or if tying simply takes too long for you and your baby, we now have a solution for you that will make you totally happy: manduca Duo – the ideal combination of baby sling and baby carrier. Designed to get you ready to wear your baby in no time.
Duo click&tie system: quick and easy
The Duo click&tie system allows for putting on the carrier in two steps: First, you slip into the carrier system and adjust the straps for optimum fit – all this in peace and quiet, without the child. Enjoy instant comfort thanks to the soft shoulder straps, the flexible back cross and the state-of-the-art materials such as the 3D mesh.
Are you all set? Then now comes your baby: With the special Duo Clips and the preshaped baby sling with leg openings you can position your baby quick and easily. And you know what? As soon as you have closed the clips, your baby is safe. This safety is also ensured by the special safety seat (slip through protector) with the fabric sling being firmly sewn to the system. Speaking of safety: Please make sure to always use the product safely. The illustrated instruction manual of the manduca Duo will show you what you have to pay attention to. And if you don’t have any babywearing experience yet, please study the T.I.C.K.S. babywearing rules that tell you what is most important for safe babywearing.
Wear your newborn – is that good for your baby?
You may carry your baby in the manduca Duo right after birth – as soon as your midwife or healthcare professional tells you that it is safe for both of you and your baby and that you may start babywearing.* This way your baby can enjoy the closeness and security which is offered by the manduca Duo from the very first moment.
Your baby’s back will be well supported by the sling fabric and thanks to the double rings the sling tails can be tightened and finetuned with milimetre accuracy. The carrrying position is thus optimized and your baby will sit perfectly in the M-Position – the spread-squat position which is recommended by paediatricians and orthopaedists.
Babywearing from birth – How soon can you start baby-wearing after a c-section?
The manduca Duo is ideal for you in the first weeks after having given birth, because thanks to the removable waist belt you can wear the manduca Duo also without the belt. The clever weight distribution with the innovative adjusting system makes it possible! Like this, also mothers who had a cesarian section may wear their baby with the manduca Duo, because there won’t be any pressure placed on their stomach and scar. Still: please do not rush your body and only start babywearing when you feel comfortable.
Maximum chic – anyone for fancy babywearing?
Very comfortable, extremely easy to use and – what‘s more – the manduca Duo looks so good on you! The woven, bicolor baby sling cross twill fabric of the Duo looks stunning in all three colour variations „red“, „blue“ und „grey“. No need to say more, just have a look for yourself!
And where can I buy the manduca Duo?
Brandnew & much sought after: the manduca Duo is not yet available in all stores. Please ask in your favourite shop if they can offer it to you.
manduca Duo at a glance:
- • Click&tie system: with special Duo Clip at the shoulder straps for quick and easy use
- • Removable waist belt: two options with or without waist belt – just as you like it
- • manduca Duo safety seat (slip through protector) ensures instant safe positioning of the baby
- • M-Position: your baby automatically slides into the recommended M-Position (spread-squat-position)
- • Safety tested aluminium sling rings to adjust the fabric with millimetric precision – ensuring baby’s perfect positioning in the sling
- • Back cross construction with double flexibility for an optimum fit of the carrier system and an ideal weight distribution
- • State of the art materials such as 3D Mesh provide extra carrying comfort.
- • For small and big babies: sling fabric adjustable in height– thanks to steplessly adjustable drawstrings
- • Made with natural fibres: sling fabric and shoulder straps made of organic cotton
- • Maximum chic in three beautiful colours: manduca Duo red, manduca Duo blue, manduca Duo grey
- • Recommended for babys and children from 3,5 up to 15 kg
- • Complies with CEN/TR 16512:2015
*Important: For pre-term, low birthweight babies and children with medical conditions, please seek advice from a health professional before using this product.